About Me

My photo
St. Petersburg, Florida

Followers...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

far and few in between...

That is how this blog is looking. But then again you should see my journal that I was going to write in everyday...I am still writing an entry that I started I think on Tuesday and have yet to gully finish what I was writing. Even on Friday, I felt the need to write and didn't have it with me so I wrote my entry on a piece of paper and plan to rewrite it in my actual journal! Yeah, go me!

Tonight I was supposed to go see Jimmy Fallon because he is at the Tampa Improv, but unfortunately I am unable to because I haven't got the money. I thought my pay check would have been a little more then it actually was, but I was wrong. This week I actually made a budget, so I knew what I was spending and where I would spend it, and by the time I was done, I had no money left over to go see him. I'm a little disappointed, but hey it's either go to the hockey game on Tuesday or go to the Improv. I pick hockey! Speaking of hockey, our coach was fired on Friday! Yep, Barry Melrose, a man who has only coached 16 games, who has been out of the coaching game for 13 years was let go from the staff. Sure, the Lightning have had a slow start, but I mean seriously, give the man break, you can't actually determine if he should be sacked or not after 16 games! Uh, being a Lightning fan right now is tough stuff, I actually don't think hockey fans have a long life expectancy. You might laugh, but seriously, with everything that goes on, we as fans must add more stress on us then we should be. I'm sure its true for any sports fan, but I think insurance companies should seriously consider asking people if they are a sports fan when getting health insurance.

So last night, I finished reading Twilight. My mom has been trying to get me to read those books for a while now, and for some reason, last week I decided to actually read it. But did she have the book when I went to go pick it up? NO! She let someone borrow it! I mean seriously, after all this time, I can't read it now, because she lets someone she works with take it home and read it! So, I waited a couple days and finally decided to go to WalMart and buy it. Picked it up for like seven bucks! So each day I read it for couple hours and finished it last night! I'm not much for books, I am definitely more of a movie person and if a movie is based off a book I would honestly rather not read it before seeing the movie. Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, someone reads the book before the movie they end up not liking the movie because the leave out certain things, or the actor they got didn't meet what they had imagined, and I have more respect for movies to walk out of perfectly good movie and feel disappointed. But, maybe after reading Twilight and then seeing it I can still walk out of the movie happy with it, as long as the movie was done well too. Who knows, maybe the movie will be crap any way, and I won't like it, not for how much I enjoyed the book, but because the movie was just bad! I'm not betting against it though.

My mom said the only reason I even read the book was because I knew the movie was coming out. Hahahaha! Seriously, I knew about the movie being out for how many months now? And I never once had the urge to pick that book up! Even when the fourth book came out and I had people telling 'Oh Erin, go read it, it's such a great book' did I ever want to actually read it. Like I said, I've never been one for reading. Even though my mom is reading teacher. (Don't think to hard on that one, my mom can't even understand that one.) Nope, nothing would get me to read this book, but then last weekend, for whatever reason I just decided I would read it. Maybe it was boredom, or maybe the trailers I've been watching are sending out subliminal messages to those who have not yet read the book. No matter the reason, I read it. And I liked it. So there you go Twilight fans, you WIN!

I'm gonna start reading the second book today and I almost positive that I will have that one read before Thursday. Maybe not though, there's a hockey game Tuesday and then Hockey and Heels Thursday. Eh, it'll get read before then. But I told my mom I would go see the movie with her on Friday, which she didn't believe when I told her. Pretty sure she thinks I'm gonna go see it with her now since I read the book. Maybe that was the reason. Maybe it was I wanted to make my mom proud.

Or it might have been because of that boy up there on the left! Haha!

And now for something a lot more fucking interesting!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin