About Me

My photo
St. Petersburg, Florida

Followers...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

coming to the end my friend...

I figured I would start doing my blogs which consist of favorites of 2008...

Don't know what they all will consist of, or what the lists will even be, but I've got four days till the New Year, so that is four lists and four blogs to get my 2008 in order or at least parts of it in order. I have a couple ideas of what I want to do, but I figured I would start this thing out with music.

It seems like I bought a lot more music this year, especially with the help of itunes. But most of those are just single songs, so what are the albums that I had to buy and fell in love with? What band amazed me with their new sound or who surprised me from what I've already known?

Honorable Mentions: The All-American Rejects When the World Comes Down, Kevin Rudolf In the City, and Miley Cyrus Breakout. And the only reasons why the Rejects aren't on here is because I have yet finish the whole album and I don't think that would be a fair list.

10. Katy Perry
One of the Boys
Favorite Song: Hot N Cold

The album has grown on me. I liked it the first listen thru, which is important for me, but it didn't seem as amazing as people were making it. But I love this girls voice more every time hear it. Her voice doesn't seem at all fake and honestly she flat out sounds better then most singers out there.

9. Jason Mraz
We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things
Favorite Song: Love for a Child

I bought his first album when it came out in 2002, don't know why I didn't get the second one, but now I have his third album. I feel like I've kinda grown up around his music. Don't know if his first album inspired my teen years, but I feel like this album is different as in it has a more adult sound to it, but it still reminds me of his original album.

8. Fall Out Boy
Folie A Deux
Favorite Song: 20 Dollar Nose Bleeds

This album is still growning on me, which is dissapointing to me personally since Fall Out Boy is my second favorite band of all time. There music shouldn't grow on me, it should be amazing the first listen thru and then continue to surprise me every time I listen to it. But it just seems like this album is so far from where they began that I don't feel like it's the same band. That seems like a lot of egativity thrown at the album, but I still like it.

7. Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Favorite Song: Bowie

Music + Funny + 2 Kiwis = Flight of the Conchords. Fact...Everything they sing about is funny, and if you can't crack a smile even during Business Time you need to learn to lighten up and enjoy life a little bit. Getting to watch these songs performed on their show makes things even funnier. Watch it!

6. Britney Spears
Circus
Favorite Song: If U Seek Amy

Don't know how this one made number 6, but it did. But I have to admit, the album is catchy. The only song I skip is the one she sings about her kids, but other then that, the rest of the album is just fun to listen to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

5. The Hush Sound
Goodbye Blues
Favorite Song: Not Your Concern

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this band. You think I would have heard them earlier being a Fall Out Boy fan, but I just stumbled upon them on an iMix one day and have kinda been hooked since. I know all the words to this album and the previous one, and was ready to sing along to them too when they came to the State Theatre, but because I caught what ever sickness was going around, I only got to see two bands perform before I got to weak to stay and I had to bounce. Still have yet to see them live.

4. Everybody Else
Everybody Else 1 1/2 Acoustic Versions of Songs
Favorite Song: Alone in the World

Another band I stumbled upon and sorta fell in love with since. I got to see these guys in Ybor over the summer and they have a great sound. The way you listen to them on the album is how they sound live, which I have a lot of respect for. This acoustic version of the first album is just a great as the original, some songs even better! An according eve makes an appearance!

3. Safety Suit
Life Let to Live
Favorite Song: Annie

There is nothing really new about their sound, but they have lyrics that definitely make me happy. Their music has a rock feel to it, but also has a great melody, but it's their lyrics you have to really listen too. There is nothing wrong with this album and I can listen to this on repeat all day.

2. 3 OH! 3
Want
Favorite Song: Starstrukk

I heard these guys late one night on the local radio station, even before they were put into mainstream rotation. And I am so glad that I was up that late driving home on a Sunday t get to hear them! They have so many different sounds in this album, even though it doesn't seem like it's two white guys making some of the music it all still goes together.

1. Death Cab for Cutie
Narrow Stairs
Favorite Song: You Can Do Better Than Me

My favorite band of all time, that never fails me when it comes to their music. I never used to believe people when they would say a band changed their lives, but after being introduced to Death Cab, I can whole heartedly say that they have not only changed my life, but also the way I listen to music. I would never really pay much attention to the lyrics in a song, but after listening to them enough and really listening to the lyrics did my eyes really open up to how important their music really was. And even if the lyrics weren't there, the melody could never fail when it came to revealing what you were feeling at that moment in your life.

Next up...Favorite Movies of 2008...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin