About Me

My photo
St. Petersburg, Florida

Followers...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Because I love the word zeitgeist!

To improve upon this blog here, I want to try and do a weekly post full of nifty finds. Maybe that is what i will call it, Nifty Finds!I know I've been tagging it as "check it" but that doesn't flow to well with me personality (well it does, but only when I'm feeling like a thug on that particular day), but a nifty find seems more like something I would say on a regular basis.

Zeitgeist kind of inspired this new trend I am starting on here. I've heard the word before on 43things but I have never used it in normal conversation (it's really not one you would hear much either and for some odd reason I just thought about it and that was my inspiration! Went a Googled what it really means and found a couple things that gave me new clue as to what it did mean till I found Wikipedia, in which I was given this:
"Zeitgeist" refers to the ethos of an identified group of people, that expresses a particular world view which is prevalent at a particular period of socio-cultural progression.
Yeah, I picked the definition that would be most likely heard in one of my mass communication classes. So I also give you this:
The word zeitgeist describes the intellectual, cultural, ethical and political climate, ambience and morals of an era (similar to the English word "mainstream") or also a trend. In German, the word has more layers of meaning than the English translation, including the fact that Zeitgeist can only be observed for past events.
Now that I know what it means, and with this new found inspiration I figured I could do my cultural duty and add to ever growing zeitgeist of this ever growing blogging era! I don't know if every week I will have some new find for each category I can think of, but I will assure you, every week I will have something (including, as usual a new youtube video).


For the love of Strawberries!
Being that I have found a new fondness in cooking, I have been stumbling through out the internet trying to find new recipes and things to try. And not to long ago I came across this one site that was strictly strawberries and the different recipes that you can use to include them in a meal! Oh, I seriously can't wait to try some of these. I know the strawberry season is over (at least I think it is), so not sure if now would be the best time to try the recipes, but eh, if I see some in the grocery store I'll make sure to pick some up and let you know what I decided to try!

Photos from L to R: Ice Cream Shake with Vodka [you might have to use an Italian to English translator for this one, since the entire blog is in Italian], Chocolate Dipped, Strawberry shortstack, Strawberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast.


Rule no. 1, In my van it's rush, all rush all the time no exceptions.
See now I have heard about this movie for a while now, I'm thinking since I first saw Clerks 2 (which would be sometime around 2006 whenever the DVD came out) and have been wanting to see this since then. Except for one issue, it never came out. I heard it was out for maybe week? But then I saw it on a list of new releases and realized I needed to rent it. So since I got to babysit last Sunday and got some money finally I made sure to go to Blockbuster to pick it up.

Watched it yesterday once at my house and then again with Amber, Leilani, and Katie too. We were going to stop by the drive-in to see Star Trek again out there but since it rained most of the night, we couldn't really do that. So instead we went to the Olive Garden and then back to Amber's to watch Fanboys. Now, I know we all liked the movie, like a lot, haha, not so much a lot, because "a lot" doesn't cut it. But Leilani and Katie were both snorting and laughing at the same time and Leilani basically lost her shit through out the movie. Maybe it's because were nerds, but the movie was fucking hilarious and full of familiar characters. It's already on my list of movies to buy once I start making money again.

And speaking of making money, I FOUND A JOB! Only took two months, haha, but yeah I finally found something. It's only on the weekends, but like I said it's something and I will be making money. I need to find something to do during the week now, but at least I will be doing something!

Well, I hate making such long posts, but at least now I have started Nifty Finds, I will be able to just start it without having to go into to much explanation like I had to here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin